Vitamins, minerals, trace elements: for better sperm quality
The omega-3 fatty acids found in large quantities in fish oil especially include docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). These are polyunsaturated fatty acids that are found in cell membranes, for example.
Important micronutrients for male fertility.
- Zinc contributes to normal fertility and reproduction, and also the maintenance of normal testosterone levels in the blood.
- Selenium contributes to normal spermatogenesis.
- Vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and folic acid (folate) contribute to normal homocysteine metabolism.
- Vitamin B12, zinc, and vitamin D have a role in the process of cell division.
- Copper, selenium, vitamin C, vitamin E, and zinc contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.